Welcome to our first Muggles Market Spotlight for 2017! Today, we are spotlighting one of the artisans scheduled to appear at our second annual Muggles’ Market at this year’s Geek Gala.
Today’s featured artisan is Zeeks 26 Creations! Kassi Luttrell took a few minutes to answer some questions about her business and general geekery.
- What kind of items will you be selling at this year’s Muggles Market? We will be selling handmade leather goods such as, wallets, hair accessories, purses, coin pouches, card holders, key chains, and dice bags, to name just a few. We also plan to sell a few handmade knives. We like surprises.
- How did you first get started making these things?
My husband Mark actually took up leather work as a hobby to keep his mind busy, and later took on bladesmithing. I just kinda fell into it looking for a new hobby, which then turned into us both doing something we enjoyed.
- What has been one of your favorite projects to work on?
We really enjoy doing custom work for people. It means a lot more to us to personalize something special for our customers.
- What else can you tell us about yourself?
We are a family of five. We have three boys, two which are currently in college and one that is in elementary school. We are all about the outdoors! We love hiking, camping, fishing, our family, and friends.
- So this year’s Geek Gala pays homage to Godzilla movies – if you were to create a Godzilla movie today – what type of nemesis do you think he should fight against?
Mark and I both definitely agree they should remake, Godzilla vs King Kong!!!!
- Check out their website at: Zeeks 26 Creations
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, October 21nd at this year’s Geek Gala!