Welcome to the Muggles Market Spotlight for 2018! Today, we are delighted to announce the addition of new artisan Windrose Leather to our third annual Muggles Market at this year’s Geek Gala. Becca Davis took a few minutes to answer some questions about her business and general geekery.
- What kinds of items will you be selling at this year’s Muggles Market?
Leather leather leather! Men’s & Ladies wallets, journals, travelers notebooks, clutches, messenger bags, hip bags, cuffs, and travel cases.
- How did you first get started making these things?
I stumbled across a leather cuff kit at a craft shop about 5 years ago, and I quickly became obsessed with making leather goods. My obsession has come full circle, as I am trying to make leather goods slinging’ a full-time gig.
- What has been one of your favorite projects to work on?
I once did a pink sparkly teacup holster for a customer. It was super challenging, and overall out of the ordinary, which I loved!
- What else can you tell us about yourself?
I hope to one day build a mobile workshop to accommodate my dream tiny house! I plan to work part-time on leather and travel part-time to shows (and for fun of course)!
- So this year’s Geek Gala theme is “Gears and Ghouls”, and focuses on steampunk and day of the dead cosplay. If you could have one body part cybernetically enhanced or replaced, what would you choose, how would you want it changed, and why?
My hands and wrists of course! They ache from manipulating the hides! Leather is a tough medium!
- Check out their website at: Windrose Leather
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, November 3 at this year’s Geek Gala