Welcome to another Muggles Market Spotlight for 2018! Today, we are delighted to announce the return of Rachael the Snow Queen to our third annual Muggles Market at this year’s Geek Gala. Rachael Woodard took a few minutes to answer some questions about her business and general geekery.
- What items are you bringing to the Muggles Market this year?
I will be bringing snowflakes from all the fandoms: Marvel, DC, Stranger Things, Game of Thrones, Nightmare Before Christmas, Disney, Star Wars, Star Trek, Video Games, and more! I will be posting new designs on my social media as we get closer to the Muggles Market!
- What was one of your favorite things from the Muggles Market or Geek Gala last year?
Unfortunately it’s been a few years since my last Muggles Market, but my favorite part was meeting everyone there. I met so many wonderful vendors who helped a beginner out, and some of whom have become good friends. I also loved making snowflakes right there for everyone to see how my process works!
- What is something on your ‘bucket list’ you would like to do or try?
I would love to have my work in an art show to show others that even paper snowflaked can be elevated to the level of fine art.
- Who is someone that has been inspirational for you or mentored you in your craft?
My family and friends who have encouraged and supported me for all these years in creating paper snowflake art. They are what keeps me doing this. Every time I think about giving it up, my family and friends are there complimenting my work, purchasing commissioned pieces, and being supportive. It means the world to me.
- So this year’s Geek Gala theme is “Gears and Ghouls”, and focuses on steampunk and day of the dead cosplay. If you could have one body part cybernetically enhanced or replaced, what would you choose, how would you want it changed, and why?
I think my hands. I would want to have multi-tool abilities in my hands, and be able to turn my finger into and Xacto knife or a pair of scissors to cut out snowflakes, and then later a laser to cut snowflakes out of metal or wood, so I would be a laser cutter. That would make crafting so cool!
- Check out their website at: Rachael the Snow Queen
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, November 3 at this year’s Geek Gala