Welcome to another Muggles Market Spotlight for 2017! Today, we are delighted to announce the addition of new artisan Purposeart to our second annual Muggles’ Market at this year’s Geek Gala. Sandra Borre took a few minutes to answer some questions about her business and general geekery.
- What kinds of items will you be selling at this year’s Muggles Market?
I create mini shrine magnets and ornaments. Yes, they are tiny, but they pack a bunch of inspiration, mood or curiosity.
- How did you first get started making these things?
I am a painter and print maker first, as that was my major. I had a very tragic death in 2016 that has thwarted all creativity in regards to facing a totally blank canvas. They are sitting here, but as I make my mini shrines, I am hearing them call me back. I have found that in making these mini shrines, I can exert this energy and creativity in such a small space. It is very exciting for me!
- What has been one of your favorite projects to work on?
Favorite project – Reawakening what was there! A bit of advice- no one can do that except you! So do you, and do it well!
- What else can you tell us about yourself?
I am an Air Force Veteran, Mother, Human, Artist. Artist….
- So this year’s Geek Gala pays homage to Godzilla movies – if you were to create a Godzilla movie today – what type of nemesis do you think he should fight against?
I was stationed in Japan, and I find it humorous now but I love Godzilla! I would think Ultra Man would be a great re-match. Ultra Man was just so sleek and sophisticated back then. He didn’t even say anything – just his eyes and arm gestures.
Make plans to come visit them on Saturday, October 21st at this year’s Geek Gala