Welcome to another Muggles Market Spotlight for 2017! Today, we are delighted to announce the return of My Funky Camelot to our second annual Muggles’ Market at this year’s Geek Gala.
Kirsten Vaughn took a few minutes to answer some questions about her business and general geekery.
- What was one of your favorite parts of last year’s Muggles Market? It was fun to sell to folks just looking for geeky stuff! I didn’t have to explain my themes to anyone!
- Are you bringing any new kinds of things that we might not have seen last year?
Not sure yet. I stay pretty busy filling Etsy orders so don’t always have a lot of time to create new products, but you never know what I’ll be in the mood for or inspired to make! I might bring some of my “Bawdy Boudoir” Steampunk line of cuffs and collars.
- What has been one of your most interesting projects to work on? I would have to say being asked to create a Dragonborn dice bag was pretty interesting. I enjoyed the challenge and love the final product from that. I have made custom Quidditch robes and designed my own logos for them, which was challenging and fun as well. And of course being asked to make steampunk cuffs and collars was definitely a fun challenge since I was not familiar with that world.
- What else can you tell us about yourself? I like to sew, make stuff with leather, and make usable art pieces that make people smile. I sing in a Harry Potter/Nerd Music band called the Blibbering Humdingers. I have 2 teen boys and a crazy husband. I work from home while listening to audio books, so your item might be infused with a little Vampire or Regency Romance! And my husband and I are into Swing and Ballroom dancing.
- So this year’s Geek Gala pays homage to Godzilla movies – if you were to create a Godzilla movie today – what type of nemesis do you think he should fight against?
- Check out their website at: My Funky Camelot
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, October 21st at this year’s Geek Gala!