Welcome to the Muggles Market Spotlight for 2018! Today, we are delighted to announce the addition of new artisan Miscellaneous Magick to our third annual Muggles Market at this year’s Geek Gala. Marian Lytle took a few minutes to answer some questions about her business and general geekery.
- What kinds of items will you be selling at this year’s Muggles Market?
I will be selling potions, spells, ritual items, incense, stones, herbal healing balms, and medicinal herbal teas, all from my botanical garden!
- How did you first get started making these things?
Being Pagan and a Mom, I’ve always been in the business of helping folks. Combine this with my love for botany and all things metaphysical and a need for some pocket cash – and WOOSH! – My humble little shop was born!
- What has been one of your favorite projects to work on?
I adore the OOAK trunk collections! When I find a cool little vintage chest, I feel the need to fill it with specific things. They are never around for very long, though.
- What else can you tell us about yourself?
I live in a very old house in a very small town with a plethora of cats (and a couple of ghosts) and my wonderful husband. I suppose I’m the “eccentric” old gal to most folks here…and that’s ok!
- So this year’s Geek Gala theme is “Gears and Ghouls” and focuses on steampunk and day of the dead cosplay. If you could have one body part cybernetically enhanced or replaced, what would you choose, how would you want it changed, and why?
The worst part of getting older to me is not the aches and pains, the gray hair or wrinkles. It’s been my worsening eyesight….so annoying!! I would definitely get these peepers upgraded so I could have a bonfire with the basket full of reading glasses I have tucked around the house!
- Check out their website at: Miscellaneous Magick
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, November 3, 2018 at this year’s Geek Gala