Welcome to the Muggles Market Spotlight for 2019! Today, we are delighted to announce new artisan Hollow Hills Couture for our fifth Muggles Market at this year’s Geek Gala! Shelley Porter-Walker took a few minutes to answer some questions about their business and general geekery. Shelley is originally from Salisbury, but now lives in Raleigh. In between, she lived in Asheville, and claims all of those as her “hometowns”. She calls herself “a deeply North Carolina gal”.
- What kinds of items will you be selling at this year’s Muggles Market? I make costumes and just about anything you can think of that involves fabric. I make cosplay pieces, dice bags, costume horns/flower crowns, embroidered wall art – I’m always adding to my skill set.
- Which sci fi universe would you love to visit and why? I would climb in the TARDIS in half a heartbeat. To see historical fashion in context?! Yes, please and thank you.
- What is your primary fandom? Oh boy. How much time do you have? I guess my primary fandom would have to be Supernatural. I have a tattoo and everything. My secondary fandoms include Critical Role and Doctor Who.
- What movie are you looking forward to? I’m so bad at seeing movies in the theater! For example, I have yet to watch Captain Marvel, even though I know I’m going to adore it. I think the one I’m most excited for right now is Hellboy. I’ve been waiting for that one for a looooong time!
- This year’s Geek Gala theme is Geeky Tiki Slumber Party-o-Rama. With whom would you love to have a slumber party (fictional, real, living or dead)? I think Neil Gaiman would tell some amazing bedtime stories. And the Critical Role cast has those snazzy matching pajamas…
Check out their website at: Hollow Hills Couture .
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, November 2 at this year’s Geek Gala!