Welcome to the Muggles Market Spotlight for 2018! Today, we are delighted to announce the addition of new artisan Hetties Nest to our third annual Muggles Market at this year’s Geek Gala. LeaVon Price took a few minutes to answer some questions about her business and general geekery.
- What kinds of items will you be selling at this year’s Muggles Market?
I will be selling handmade junk journals with everything from hand dyed papers, embellished pages, and vintage bits and bobbles.
- How did you first get started making these things?
I learned from YouTube videos and some classes, but I’ve come a long way since then.
- What has been one of your favorite projects to work on?
I would have to say my favorite journals would be my Edgar Allan Poe, Asylum or Vintage Steampunk ones.
- What else can you tell us about yourself?
I’m a Nana of two beautiful Granddaughters. I have done many different things in the last 67 years, but my journals are what I enjoy the most.
- So this year’s Geek Gala theme is “Gears and Ghouls”, and focuses on steampunk and day of the dead cosplay. If you could have one body part cybernetically enhanced or replaced, what would you choose, how would you want it changed, and why?
This is a hard one…I guess I would say a spine. Because if you could make it out of replaceable parts, you would not have to worry about age or breaking it, and there would be nothing to hold you back.
- Check out their website at: Hetties Nest
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, November 3 at this year’s Geek Gala