Welcome to another Muggles Market Spotlight for 2017! Today, we are delighted to announce the addition of new artisan Heather Feathers Design to our second annual Muggles Market at this year’s Geek Gala. Heather Cannon took a few minutes to answer some questions about her business and general geekery.
- What kinds of items will you be selling at this year’s Muggles Market?
I make raw crystal crowns, tiaras and other headpieces. They have a very Game of Thrones/Lord of the Rings renaissance feel to them I also make mermaid shell and crystal crowns as well. I love making raw crystal accessories to go with them. I love custom work! Please do not hesitate to ask me about making your ideas come to life!
- How did you first get started making these things?
I’ve been made jewelry for as long as I can remember. I started selling feathers in 2010 when the hair extensions craze hit, and then starting making feather fascinators too. I started wire wrapping and using crystals in 2015, and I received a great response. I have really enjoyed working with a new medium and helping people create their own unique headpieces.
- What has been one of your favorite projects to work on?
I love custom bridal crowns! It’s so great to be a part of that special process. Any custom work is fun! I love the ideas people have and collaborating my skills with their ideas makes me so happy!
- What else can you tell us about yourself?
I was born and raised in Charlotte NC. I’ve always been a crafter. I run two Etsy and Amazon stores when I’m not creating. I love live music, art galleries, the Appalachian mountains, and spending time in Denver, CO visiting my boyfriend when I can.
- So this year’s Geek Gala pays homage to Godzilla movies – if you were to create a Godzilla movie today – what type of nemesis do you think he should fight against?
- Check out their website at: Heather Feathers Design
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, October 21st at this year’s Geek Gala