Welcome to the Muggles Market Spotlight for 2019! Today, we are delighted to announce the addition of new artisan GeekyCutesy Handstamped & Bespoke Designs to our fifth Muggles Market at this year’s Geek Gala! Jenn Lin took a few minutes to answer some questions about her business and general geekery.
- What kinds of items will you be selling at this year’s Muggles Market?
I make handstamped metal jewelry and accessories, full of fun geeky/scifi/pop culture references, as well as some tongue in cheek snark.
- What is your primary geeky fandom?
Eesh, probably Harry Potter, but a good sprinkling of Firefly, Star Trek, Marvel, Dr. Who, and Star Wars as well!
- Which sci fi universe would you love to visit and why?
I would love to visit Pern and Impress a dragon!! (I would not want to live there as a holder, though…) Now I’m thinking too much into this, because if I Impressed a dragon as a visitor and had to leave, then my dragon would suicide upon my departure and that’s super sad. Safer answer: (This might earn me some enemies…) The world of The Orville! Super funny, cool tech, everyone seems pretty chill, and while they might be on the verge of annihilation from killer robots, at least they have started to make peace with their previous nemesis!
- What movie are you looking forward to?
- This year’s Geek Gala theme is Geeky Tiki Slumber Party-o-Rama. With whom would you love to have a slumber party (fictional, real, living or dead)?
- Check out their website at: GeekyCutesy Handstamped & Bespoke Designs
This is super difficult! I would love to chill with Stan Lee and JK Rowling as creators, plus the Impossible Girl, aka Clara, because she is super clever and problem-solving-y.
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, November 2 at this year’s Geek Gala!