Welcome to the Muggles Market Spotlight for 2019! Today, we are delighted to announce new artisan Geek It Out Designs for our fifth Muggles Market at this year’s Geek Gala! Chelly Peeler took a few minutes to answer some questions about their business and general geekery. Chelly is from Shelby, NC.
- What kinds of items will you be selling at this year’s Muggles Market? I sell vinyl craft designs, mostly fandom related, but some just generally cheeky, geeky or fun. This includes wine glasses, wine bottles, coffee cups, shadow boxes, frames and signs. I will also have some new holiday items I am working on.
- Which sci fi universe would you love to visit and why? The Whoniverse! I am a huge Doctor Who fan, and I’d love to travel to a lot of different universes with the Doctor.
- What are your primary fandoms? Harry Potter. I am a proud Ravenclaw!
- What movie are you looking forward to? I am not-so-patiently awaiting the next Fantastic Beasts release, though we’ve still got a while to wait. The live-action remake of Disney’s Mulan has me most excited for now.
- This year’s Geek Gala theme is Geeky Tiki Slumber Party-o-Rama. With whom would you love to have a slumber party (fictional, real, living or dead)? Edgar Allan Poe. I’m an editor by day, and I’ve always had a love for words. His work fascinates me! He seems so dark and mysterious and macabre, but I bet he was a really interesting dude.
Check out their website at: Geek It Out Designs.
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, November 2 at this year’s Geek Gala!