Welcome to another Muggles Market Spotlight for 2017! Today, we are delighted to announce the return of Dungeonwears to our second annual Muggles’ Market at this year’s Geek Gala. Garrett Faith took a few minutes to answer some questions about his business and general geekery.
- What was one of your favorite parts of last year’s Muggles Market? Slinging wizard kittens and film noir detective raptors to the fine townsfolk of the Queen City was just a small part of what made last year’s Muggles Market so epic. Just having such a unique chance to provide fine art awesomeness to all the geektastic villagers in my very own adopted hometown is amazing. Normally, this humble purveyor of painting craziness packs his dusty cart of wears off to faraway lands, and does have the opportunity to serve up surfing lycans to Charlotteans too often.
- What types of items do you plan to bring this year?
Dungeonwears will be unleashing more of what makes us so outrageous upon Muggles Market this newest year that is two thousand and seventeen: new, original, exclusive madcap designs on top quality t-shirts, new paintings for collectors of craziness to adorn their spell chambers, as well as new harvests of art curiosities sure to leave all hoarders of awesomeness wanting more. This year we have much planned and can’t wait to make the Muggles Market even more awesome than it was last year.
- Are you bringing any new kinds of things that we might not have seen last year?
As started in the previous query, Dungeonwears will be bringing a few new curiosities in our dusty cart of wears for the fine townsfolk to just go completely wild over at this year’s Muggles Market. So stay tuned, as our surprises (there may be some slight “zilla” themed unleashings as well) will be revealed soon via our insta-scrolls and digital owls (social media). We know how much you all love geektastically awesome art and this year we plan to bring even more awesomeness upon the land.
- What else can you tell us about yourself?
The epic tale of intrigue, romance, roof top sword fights, and light lycanthropy that is the Garrett Faith experience can’t be summed up by mere words but for you, Muggles Market, I shall try. Art, comics, movies and video games is more than just a passion for me: it’s a way of life. More years of art training than I care to admit, along with degrees in both fine and computer art, have forged me into a professional slinger of digital paint. When I’m not busy creating my next masterpiece, my hobbies include reading the works of H.P. Lovecraft by candlelight, puppy wrangling, roof top sword fights and zombie hunting.
- So this year’s Geek Gala pays homage to Godzilla movies – if you were to create a Godzilla movie today – what type of nemesis do you think he should fight against?
Being a huge fan of the Kaiju movie genre, my personal fave is ‘All Monsters Attack’ starring a young boy dreaming of monsters who befriends Godzilla’s son Minya (who apparently speaks English and is a different size in almost every scene). Of course, such as classic has left me daydreaming of a few epic Godzilla battles. One of my favorite aspects to some of the films is the use of humor – from dancing to stepping on his own son’s tail, Godzilla films are often a blast to laugh with. I would love to see the great giant atomic fire breathing monster clash with a massive mutated cheeseburger. But I would love to see this done very seriously… a scientist accidentally leaves his lunch in a particle accelerator, then one thing leads to another and a great meat patty runs amok, destroying Tokyo. Just as the town is nearly covered in irradiated ketchup, everyone’s favorite green hero shows up to combat the out-of-control sandwich. Who will win in this epic battle of beef over sea monster?
- Check out their website at: Dungeonwears
We recently interviewed Garrett on our podcast – please give it a listen here:
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, October 21st at this year’s Geek Gala!