Welcome to another Muggles Market Spotlight for 2017! Today, we are delighted to announce the return of “Celebrating the Light” to our second annual Muggles’ Market at this year’s Geek Gala. Nancy Curl took a few minutes to answer some questions about their business and general geekery.
- What was one of your favorite parts of last year’s Muggles Market?
The diversity of all the attendees–from the Ghost Busters to the small fairy princesses…it was exciting to interact with so many fascinating people.
- What types of items do you plan to bring this year?
I am bringing handmade glass items: bowls, plates, picture frames, boxes, candle holders, a few magic wands, and more.
- Are you bringing any new kinds of things that we might not have seen last year?
I will have wind chimes, glass coasters, and Christmas ornaments.
- What else can you tell us about yourself?
In addition to creating glass art, I teach meditation and yoga, enjoy traveling, and love spending time with my family and cats.
- So this year’s Geek Gala pays homage to Godzilla movies – if you were to create a Godzilla movie today – what type of nemesis do you think he should fight against?
An evil (and of course ugly) group of alien beings that are threatening our honey bees on earth. Once victorious, Godzilla will have saved mankind. As the closing credits roll, Godzilla is shown with honey dripping out of his mouth and covered with wreaths of flowers…everyone is smiling, bees are buzzing….fade to fields of flowers….
Make plans to come visit them on Saturday, October 21st at this year’s Geek Gala!