Welcome to another Muggles Market Spotlight for 2017! Today, we are delighted to announce the return of Ambur Rose Designs to our second annual Muggles’ Market at this year’s Geek Gala.
Ambur Rose took a few minutes to answer some questions about her business and general geekery.
- What was one of your favorite parts of last year’s Muggles Market? Everything! It is such a wonderful time getting together to share the love of geekiness, and all the awesome peeps that make it such a wonderful experience as well!
- What types of items do you plan to bring this year?
Well, there are all sorts of sparkly pretties we’ve designed that are looking to find their forever homes. All of our creations come into being from vintage, retro and modern castaway findings that form into one of a kind themed fairy-esk necklace, and shoulder necklaces. You’re bound to find something that will want to be yours forever.
- Are you bringing any new kinds of things that we might not have seen last year?
Well yes indeed. Last winter, we began creating headpieces and crowns. One wonderful friend pointed out that she loved our necklaces so much that she sometimes wears them as a headpiece. That inspired us to start creating full and partial crowns.
- What else can you tell us about yourself?
We love the science of art as much as art itself. To create is to discover the method of moment and balance — and math always plays a major part in this. For instance, the headpieces we create are full circumferenced creations that lay against the head without fasteners or pins to keep it in place. The total balance of a piece has even weight distribution that stays in place on its own in order to make this possible. THAT is the power of science!
- So this year’s Geek Gala pays homage to Godzilla movies – if you were to create a Godzilla movie today – what type of nemesis do you think he should fight against?
I say keep it simple. Mankind has this push-pull in its own nature and that’s plenty nemesis enough to incorporate into a Godzilla movie!
- Check out their website at: Ambur Rose Designs
We recently interviewed Ambur on our podcast – to give it a listen – here it here:
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, October 21st at this year’s Geek Gala!