Welcome to the Muggles Market Spotlight for 2018! Today, we are delighted to announce the addition of new artisan 21st Street Creations to our third annual Muggles Market at this year’s Geek Gala. Sheelah Smith took a few minutes to answer some questions about her business and general geekery.
- What kinds of items will you be selling at this year’s Muggles Market?
I will have cups and gift baskets for certain. I am also exploring new items to try out. I customize stainless steel tumblers, and can make almost anything.
- How did you first get started making these things?
Most of them I started making for myself because I saw something I loved, or wanted something I couldn’t not find to buy. I like a personalized touch on gifts, and hand making them is the only way to go.
- What has been one of your favorite projects to work on?
Currently making the tumblers is my favorite. There is always something new to try and new techniques to explore.
- What else can you tell us about yourself?
I love the look of customers who fall in love with my talent, and get excited about what I have made.
- So this year’s Geek Gala theme is “Gears and Ghouls” and focuses on steampunk and day of the dead cosplay. If you could have one body part cybernetically enhanced or replaced, what would you choose, how would you want it changed, and why?
Being a mom I could use an extra set of hands to hold the kids and get things done!
- Check out their website at: 21st Street Creations
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, November 3, 2018 at this year’s Geek Gala