Welcome to Muggles Market Monday! Each week we are spotlighting one of the artisans scheduled to appear at our brand new Muggles’ Market at this year’s Geek Gala. This week’s featured artisan is Sexy Death Party. Lidia Pallo took a few minutes to answer some questions about her business and general geekery.
- What kind of items will you be selling at this year’s Muggles Market? I will be selling a variety of leatherwares such as superhero masks, arm cuffs, eye patches, and headbands. There will also be fleece hats, scoodies, tails, and legwarmers inspired by cartoons, games, or comics. If there is enough space I am hoping to bring some costume apparel items like jackets, capes.
- How did you first get started making these things?
A few years ago I started selling as an avenue of making money between jobs. I was heavily influenced by cosplay and my love of handcrafting things. Turns out I was pretty good at it and soon enough it became my job-away-from-job job.
- What has been one of your favorite projects to work on? Leatherworking is the most fun for me. My Assassin’s Creed “Ezia” cosplay had some pretty intensive hand tooling, and 4 separate pieces which included 2 cuffs, a belt, and a chest strap.
- What else can you tell us about yourself?
I am very active on social media and also enjoy creating content for the web. I have recently ventured into making videos, and am looking to start regular leatherworking streams in June.
- So this year’s Geek Gala is about space travel – if you could join any TV/Movie space crew – who would it be and why? Star Trek Next Gen! Are you kidding? Travel around the galaxy, meet interesting people/creatures, and see all the interesting fashions and customs of different cultures?! Yes, I’d do that.
- Check out their website at: www.sexydeathparty.com/
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, October 22nd at this year’s Geek Gala!