Welcome to Muggles Market Monday! Each week we are spotlighting one of the artisans scheduled to appear at our brand new Muggles’ Market at this year’s Geek Gala. This week’s featured artisan is Designed by Laura. Laura Stinson took a few minutes to answer some questions about her business and general geekery.
- What kind of items will you be selling at this year’s Muggles Market?
I sell a variety of things, but what I’ll be focusing on for the Market are prints of my original fantasy artwork, pendants featuring my art, handpainted wood panels, and my upcycled magazine page bracelets, which are always super popular.
- How did you first get started making these things?
I’ve been an artist my whole life, drawing since before I could do much else. Everything I make is just a result of my desire to be creative. I like to explore new creative avenues, and try new projects.
- What has been one of your favorite projects to work on?
Aside from my original art, my favorite projects are the ones that are inspired by the things I love, like Harry Potter or Doctor Who.
- What else can you tell us about yourself?
My “day job” is as a web and graphic designer. I bill myself as “the Hermione Granger of web design,” so, yeah, I’m a total nerd. I’m also a pretty hardcore bookworm, reading about 100 books a year. I’m big on creativity, laughter, and sarcasm.
- So this year’s Geek Gala is about space travel – if you could join any TV/Movie space crew – who would it be and why?
Firefly. Because Nathan Fillion. 😉 Also, I can kill you with my brain.
- Check out their website at: http://dblaura.com/
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, October 22nd at this year’s Geek Gala!