Welcome to Muggles Market Monday! Each week we are spotlighting one of the artisans scheduled to appear at our brand new Muggles’ Market at this year’s Geek Gala. This week’s featured artisan is Artful Sunshine! Donna Petrey took a few minutes to answer some questions about her business and general geekery.
I create coasters, candle holders, mugs, prints, stickers, cards, book markers, and jewelry in clay, paper, resin, and shrink plastic.
- How did you first get started making these things?
I have always been an artist. I have loved making things since I was child. We started making products out of my fine art photography and my husband’s illustrations about three years ago on Etsy. We started doing shows about six months later.
- What has been one of your favorite projects to work on?
I love working on any thing in clay and shooting photography.
- What else can you tell us about yourself?
We are a husband and wife team with a graphic design background. After years of doing advertising, we now are having fun creating art and craft pieces. Have fun viewing our creations, and finding something to bring a little Artful Sunshine into your life!
- So this year’s Geek Gala is about space travel – if you could join any TV/Movie space crew – who would it be and why?
Dr McCoy – Loved his dry humor ( from the original Star Trek series).
- Check out their website at: Artful Sunshine
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, October 22nd at this year’s Geek Gala!