Welcome to Muggles Market Monday! Each week we are spotlighting one of the artisans scheduled to appear at our brand new Muggles’ Market at this year’s Geek Gala. This week’s featured artisan is 13anana Cream Dream. Ana Hernández took a few minutes to answer some questions about her business and general geekery.
- What kind of items will you be selling at this year’s Muggles Market?
I’ll be selling all sorts of my handmade creations. They range from keychains, bags, plushies and stickers! I have original work as well as fan art!
- How did you first get started making these things?
I started making things back when I was a kid, and my mom taught me how to do simple embroidery. Then I moved up to sewing because I wanted to make my own stuffed creations!
- What has been one of your favorite projects to work on?
One of my favorite projects have been my Bunigiri creations. I’ve made stickers and a few plushies so far! I hope to make a lot more soon, I have plenty of ideas.
- What else can you tell us about yourself?
There’s not much else to say about me. I just try and create interesting and fun things that people might enjoy as much as I do!
- So this year’s Geek Gala is about space travel – if you could join any TV/Movie space crew – who would it be and why?
Oh my goodness, definitely the crew of Firefly! I love those guys. They’re the kind of people I’d love to be friends with. Even if it’s pretty dangerous hanging around them, there’d definitely be fun times ahead!
- Check out their website at: 13anana Cream Dream
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, October 22nd at this year’s Geek Gala!