The organization is looking for female playwrights, directors and both male and female actors to participate in this 24-hour experience of theatrical madness and genius. They are also looking for assistant producers, stage managers, and runners for this event! Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in helping out!
We interviewed Andrea King of Chickspeare on today’s podcast – you can listen to her talk more about it here: (recorded 4/5/17)
Here’s How It Works:
- Fri, 4/21 – 7 PM: Playwriting prompts given at NoDa Brewery (No Tryon location) at 2921 N. Tryon
- Sat, 4/22 – 7 AM: Playwrights turn in a 10 minute script (electronically)
- Sat, 4/22 – 8 AM: Directors and Actors arrive at Actor’s Theatre Charlotte, 2219 Freedom Drive and rehearse all day
- Sat, 4/22 – 4 PM: Directors/Actors move to NoDa Brewery (N. Davidson location) for tech/run-thru — the Chicks will provide pizza, beer and bottled water at the tech break
- Sat, 4/22 – 7:00 PM: AUDIENCE – come to NoDa Brewery’s No Tryon location at 2921 N. Tryon, check in at the Chickspeare table and GET ON THE BUS!!
- Sat, 4/22 – 8:00 PM: The show begins! And a great time is had by all!
Come See a One-of-a-Kind Show!
Just like they did for Chickspeare’s holiday show in December, the audience is being asked to purchase tickets in advance. Attendees need to check in by 7:30 pm at NoDa Brewery’s North Tryon location, then everyone will take a motorcoach over to the North Davidson (the ‘OG’) tap room at 2229 N. Davidson.
Bad jokes and Shakespeare Trivia will happen on the ride over and then the show starts at 8 pm (with beer on tap). When it’s over, everyone can ride the bus back to the North Tryon location at 10:30 pm! Feel free to then hang out some more at the North Tryon location!
Don’t miss this fun tradition as Chickspeare celebrates The Bard’s Birthday!
Tickets on sale now at www.Chickspeare.com!
Chickspeare™ is an all-female Shakespeare Company that started performing shows in 1998 at (the now defunct) Johnson Beer Company in Charlotte, NC. While over the years they have become best known for their Shakespeare “abridging/fast-forwarding/rewinding” brewery shows, they have also produced numerous full-length productions including MacBeth, As You Like It, Twelfth Night, Julius Ceasar, and Winter’s Tale.
For more information, check out their website at www.chickspeare.com.